THE OHM COSTA RICA RETREAT
Imagine a week immersed in PURA VIDA – beautiful greenery, beaches, and waterfalls all around – moving and grooving with a tribe of like-minds.
You’ll learn how to move your body with skill and with grace, how to be strong to be helpful, how to defend yourself and others, how to win the morning so you can win the day, how to breathe for relaxation and for energy, how to sharpen your mind for ultimate clarity, and more.
You’ll move with PURPOSE, explore the lush Nature all around you, and adapt your new skills to the real world. Challenges will be overcome, and growth will be had.
You’ll get to enjoy the best of what life has to offer in the jungles of Costa Rica, from sunrise to sunset.
- 7-days/6-nights immersed in Pura Vida with full accommodations provided by Samasati.
- Your choice of Classic Casitas to share with the tribe for the week or a Preferred Casita for just you and/or your partner. If you’re traveling with a partner/friend, let us know and we will book you together
- Stay at a nice hotel near SJO airport for the night before and after the retreat (18th and 25th) to help ease the stress of travel. Transportation to/from airport and breakfast included. Relax, we got everything taken care of.
- Shuttle bus transportation from hotel to the retreat center, and back at the end of the retreat (~4 hour trip).
- “Rising Rituals” first thing every morning – guided morning routines that set your day up for success. “Win the morning, win the day!”
- Daily movement sessions – practical, natural, human movement skills based on the motto, “Be strong to be helpful.”
- Daily breathing exercises – all movement starts with breath. Learn breathing techniques for calming, for warmth, and for energy.
- Daily mindfulness practices – everything starts in the mind. “Strong mind, strong body”
- Movement exploration – adventure, application, and adaptation. Apply your new skills to the real world.
- Cold immersion – overcome mental barriers and rapidly boost your inner strength (optional).
- Practical self-defense based on MovNat Combatives and Jiu Jitsu (not sport) – principles, mindset, and techniques.
- “Open mat” style Jiu Jitsu training/rolling (optional).
- Farm-to-table, local/sustainable/organic food. Buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (paleo, raw, vegan, dairy-free, and/or soy-free available). All delicious and nutritious.
- Costa Rican coffee, tea, and cold-pressed fruit juices.
- Guided nature treks – experience the real Pura Vida of Costa Rica
- Waterfall exploration – soak in nature’s power and glory.
- 1-hour massage – unwind your body and mind. Relax and reset.
- Free time to explore and experience whatever you desire.
Wellness in the Rainforest
This sanctuary is situated amidst 250 acres of pristine Costa Rican rainforest on the unspoiled Caribbean side of the country. While you enjoy nature’s healing embrace, you’ll also enjoy all the comfort and conveniences of a modern retreat designed to maximize your serenity, peace and connection to nature and to your deeper self.
- Dine on locally sourced gourmet food at our restaurant and sip tropical drinks in our lounge
- Enjoy signature treatments in our wellness spa
- Rest Comfortably in our accommodations with running water and electricity
(yes you are in the Rainforest but you do not have to rough it!)
- Relax in our jacuzzi or lounge in your hammock on your terrace
Because the rainforest regulates the temperature naturally, you’ll breathe clean, fresh air without the need for air conditioners. And we encourage you to fully unplug, put down your electronic screens and recharge your personal batteries. Let the natural light of sun, moon and stars illuminate your face and elevate your spirit.
Casitas are little Caribbean style villas with their own private terrace with hammocks and set in their own little garden with views of the Rainforest or Sea or both. There are ten wooden cottages built with wood reclaimed from the area within walking distance from the main reception and restaurant area. All have spacious verandas overlooking the Rainforest or the Caribbean Sea. Some have an additional bedroom in a lofted area above the main floor. The Casitas can accommodate two to four people. Beds are either King size, Double or Single size.
These Casitas are each in their own secluded area in the forest and have an additional lofted sleeping area. There are two Single beds on the main level and a Double bed in the loft, a private bathroom and a terrace with a hammock and is set in a little tropical garden planted with local flora.
*The Classic Casitas will have space for 3 in each.
These Casitas have windows that open to prime views of the Rainforest or the Caribbean Sea. Each of them is in it’s own secluded area in the forest and has a King bed, a private bathroom, a quiet terrace with a hammock and is set in a little tropical garden with local flora. These Casitas are ideal for couples.
*If booking as couple, book 1 preferred and 1 classic.
- Views of Caribbean Sea and Rainforest
- Enclosed in its own secluded area within the retreat
- Private Bathroom
- Attached Terrace with Hammocks (additional hammocks available upon request)
- Linen and towels provided
- Room safe
- Ceiling fan (additional fans available upon request)
- Laundry service at additional cost
Choose Your Accommodation:
- Classic Casita: $1,899 $1,599 USD – (Save $300 with code “EARLYBIRD“. Ends March 19th)
- Preferred Casita: $299 add-on – (For private or couples stay)
* Limited to 15 (awesome) humans.
* Partial refunds (minus $400 cancellation fee) available 60 days or more prior to start of the retreat.
* No refunds within 60 days.
- Book your flights to/from Juan Santamaria (SJO) Airport.
- We’ll arrange transportation for you from SJO airport to a nearby hotel on 18th and back on the 26th of September.
- We’ll arrange a stay for you at a nice hotel near the airport for the night of the 18th and the 25th of September.
- We’ll arrange transportation for you from the hotel to the retreat center on the 19th and back on the 25th of September (~4-hour drive)
- Email us your flight itinerary for pick-up/drop-off. email@example.com
- We’ll send an email of anything you might need to bring a few weeks prior, but remember, this is an all-inclusive retreat. The only thing you’ll really need to bring is your body, mind, and the openness to have the experience of a lifetime!
- Click here to read what people are saying about their awesome experience at Samasati!
- We’ll have Rising Rituals every morning at 07:00 (meditation, breathwork, and movement).
- We’ll have one morning and one evening (movement/self defense) session daily.
- There will be movement explorations, waterfall immersions, beach visits, and nature treks throughout the week.
- Meals will be from about 08:00-09:00, 12:00-13:00, and 19:00-20:00 (with time for a snack around 16:00-16:30) daily. And we’ll have a group fasting challenge one day (optional).
- There will be free time for you to explore Costa Rica, hang at the beach, surf, rest and relax, and/or get a massage (one included).
- We’ll be experiencing life fully in the jungles of Costa Rica. We’re going to move our whole body and explore our whole environment.
- We’ll learn how to breathe, walk, run, jump, climb, crawl, balance, lift, carry, throw, catch, and defend ourselves.
- We’ll explore the land around us and immerse ourselves in the paradise.
- We’ll have “Rising Rituals” every morning, a routine you can take home with you to ensure you “Win the morning, win the day!”, everyday.
- We’ll practice practical self defense skills based on MovNat Combatives and Jiu Jitsu (not sport).
- We’ll eat the highest quality of food, local, organic, nutritious, and delicious.
- We’ll have free time every day for you to explore and experience whatever you desire, visit nearby beaches, go surfing, schedule a private session, or you can choose to rest & relax, get another massage, and/or soak in the paradise all around.